Twenty-two cell phone corporations and digital elements producers have utilized for large-scale electronics manufacturing rights in India beneath ₹11 lakh-crore scheme over the subsequent 5 years, introduced by the federal government at present.
Prasad stated these proposals beneath the federal government’s ₹41,000-crore production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for cell phone manufacturing are anticipated to create round 12 lakh jobs, three lakh direct and 9 lakh oblique employment alternatives, within the nation.
Listed here are the highlights from the press convention held earlier at present the place Prasad introduced the PLI scheme:
- A complete of 22 corporations have filed their software beneath the PLI Scheme.
- “The benchmark for international companies was that they make mobile phones priced at or above ₹15,000,” Prasad stated. These embody Samsung, Foxcon Hon Hai, Rising Star, Wistron and Pegatron. There isn’t a value restrict for Indian corporations beneath the scheme.
- Out of those, three corporations particularly Foxcon Hon Hai, Wistron and Pegatron are contract producers for Apple iPhones. Apple (37%) and Samsung (22%) collectively account for practically 60% of worldwide gross sales income of cell phones and this scheme is predicted to extend their manufacturing base manifold within the nation, the IT minister stated.
- “There will be huge (mobile phone) production of around ₹11 lakh crore, huge export of around ₹7 lakh crore and great employment opportunity for 3 lakh direct and 9 lakh indirect people. I personally thank all the companies that have applied,” Prasad advised reporters.
- Prasad additionally added that Indian…